These beautiful, handmade, vintage sari blankets are made by women who are survivors of Kolkata's red light areas who have taken brave steps into new life, freedom and hope.
- Authentic heritage kantha quilts, an embroidery style popularized in India
- One-of-a-kind made from up-cycled cotton saris
- Hand-quilted with a running stitch, 5 layers of vintage sari materials
- Each one is unique and may vary in colors and size slightly
- The blanket is double sided with different patterns on each side
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN INDIA
PROJECT EMPHASIS MARGINALIZED AND VULNERABLE WOMEN
MATERIALS 100% UPCYLCED COTTON SARI
CARE INSTRUCTIONS HAND WASH
SIZE APPROXIMATELY 40"x80"